Billy Maddox

Born: Sulligent, AL

Maddox gave us one of the anthems of southern pride with his song "If Heaven Ain't Like Dixie," recorded by Hank Williams, Jr. in 1982. Other hits have included "What She Wants," a Top 10 Hit by Michael Martin Murphey in 1985 and the Top 5 Hit "She Couldn't Love Me Anymore" by T. Graham Brown in 1987.

Source: Alabama Music Hall of Fame

That's How They Do It In Dixie - The Essential Collection, Hank Williams, Jr.The Best of Michael Martin Murphey, Michael Martin MurpheyThe Best of T. Graham Brown, T. Graham BrownAin't Love Strange, Paul ThornAre You With Me, Paul ThornAre You With Me?, Paul Thorn

Listen: That's How They Do It In Dixie - The Essential Collection by Hank Williams, Jr. - Download That's How They Do It In Dixie - The Essential Collection on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Hank Williams Jr.: Songs, Albums, Pictures, Bios

Listen: The Best of Michael Martin Murphey by Michael Martin Murphey - Download The Best of Michael Martin Murphey on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: What She Wants: Michael Martin Murphey: MP3 Downloads

Listen: The Best of T. Graham Brown by T. Graham Brown - Download The Best of T. Graham Brown on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Best of: T Graham Brown: Music

Listen: Paul Thorn - Download Paul Thorn Music on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Paul Thorn: Songs, Albums, Pictures, Bios

Subscribe to Newsletter

Rick Carter Radio - All Alabama Music

Accepting submissions and adding them daily. Artists can send their songs in MP3's to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. One song per email. Graphics and song and artist info should be included of course.

This space
for rent!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.