Randy McCormick

Born: July 12, 1952, Rogersville, AL

Randy McCormick grew up in Rogersville, Alabama under the influence of his father who played several instruments and his mother who would sing in a fine alto voice. While in the 11th grade at Lauderdale County High School, Randy played keyboard on his first recording session for pay. The work was for QuinIvy Studio with the artist Percy Sledge.

Throughout the 1970s, Randy stayed busy as a pianist in various Shoals area studios, contributing his talent to the creation of countless hit records.

McCormick was a writer on "Suspicions," a number one hit for Eddie Rabbitt. The song was honored as the BMI Country Song of the Year in 1980 and won the Robert J. Burton Award. Other songwriter credits include such classics as "Real Love," a number one duet recorded by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers; "Crazy In Love," a number one hit by Conway Twitty. "Crazy In Love" also went to the Top 10 when recorded by Kim Carnes and later by Kenny Rogers. He's had other of his songs recorded by Chet Atkins, Joe Cocker, Melissa Manchester, Dionne Warwick and many more.

McCormick has appeared on "Austin City Limits' and several Nashville Network specials. He is a popular studio musician in both Muscle Shoals and in Nashville.

Chart Songs as a Songwriter

Song Title Recording Artist Chart* Year
Real Love Kenny Rogers Dolly Parton 1 1985
Suspicions Eddie Rabbitt 1 1979
Crazy In Love Conway Twitty 2 1990
Crazy In Love Kim Carnes 13 1988
After Hours Joe Stampley 17 1980
Crazy In Love Kenny Rogers 17 1980
Now That The Feelings Gone Billy "Crash" Craddock 38 1981

*Chart position is based on Billboard Magazine Pop, Country, R&B, & A/C Charts. Other music industry charts may have shown higher chart positions.

Source: Alabama Music Hall of Fame

More info: The Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section - news, lyrics, pictures, reviews, biography, videos, best songs, discography, concerts, gossip, pictures and tour dates

Real Love, Dolly PartonEddie Rabbitt: All Time Greatest Hits, Eddie RabbittGold: Conway Twitty, Conway TwittyTell Me a Lie, Bettye LaVetteSkynyrd's First - The Complete Muscle Shoals Album, Lynyrd SkynyrdAll I Want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan, Kenny Chesney

Listen: Real Love by Dolly Parton - Download Real Love on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Real Love: Kenny Rogers Parton Dolly: MP3 Downloads

Listen: Eddie Rabbitt: All Time Greatest Hits by Eddie Rabbitt - Download Eddie Rabbitt: All Time Greatest Hits on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: All Time Greatest Hits: Eddie Rabbitt: MP3 Downloads

Listen: Gold: Conway Twitty by Conway Twitty - Download Gold: Conway Twitty on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Crazy In Love: Conway Twitty: MP3 Downloads

Listen: Bettye LaVette - Download Bettye LaVette Music on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Tell Me A Lie: Bettye LaVette: Music

Listen: Skynyrd's First - The Complete Muscle Shoals Album by Lynyrd Skynyrd - Download Skynyrd's First - The Complete Muscle Shoals Album on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Skynyrd's First: The Complete Muscle Shoals Album: Lynyrd Skynyrd: Music

Listen: All I Want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan by Kenny Chesney - Download All I Want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Christmas In Dixie: Kenny Chesney: MP3 Downloads

Subscribe to Newsletter

Rick Carter Radio - All Alabama Music

Accepting submissions and adding them daily. Artists can send their songs in MP3's to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. One song per email. Graphics and song and artist info should be included of course.

This space
for rent!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.