Rob Malone

Born: Sept. 18, 1965 Florence, AL

Rock Vocals, Guitar, Songwriter Drive-By Truckers

Source: Alabama Music Hall of Fame

The Fiddleworms (Muscle Schoals AL.) at The Mousetrap, SAT. 10/4 -9pm http://fiddleworms.com/ The Fiddleworms emerged as the most important rock band working out of Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Taking their name from night crawler catfish bait and traveling to gigs in an orange stretch limo they developed a large following across many spectrum's of the music industry.

Rising from the ashes, The Fiddleworms of today go far beyond the fat chops, meaty grooves and original rock that have become the central theme of their legendary live shows. Their songs feature images of southern character and charm with personal stories that transcend life's struggles. Performed by five seasoned musicians The Fiddleworms are made up of guitarist/vocalist and founder Russell Mefford, guitarist/vocalist and former Drive By Truckers member Rob Malone, former Michael Nesmith bassist David MacKay, drummer Daniel Ledford and keyboardist Clint Bailey; all members have deep roots in the music and recording culture, including southern rock, jam band, and classic rock music scenes.

Source: Indy.com | Post: Rob Malone(DriveByTruckers)-is the guitar for Fiddleworms-10/4- at MOUSETRAP | Indianapolis, Indiana

More info: Drive-By Truckers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ROB MALONE Quote: "I started playing music because I used to watch Hee-Haw and I used to watch Roy Clark and I just thought it looked like it was the most fun in the world. That’s why I first got a guitar, and I, of course, remain in it for the money. Noooo no. The money thing is a joke. I keep doing it because I  love it. It’s the most fun you can ever have...you know, without taking your clothes off."

Source: Rob Malone

Southern Rock Opera, Drive-By TruckersBrighter Than Creations Dark, Drive-By TruckersThe Fine Print (A Collection of Oddities and Rarities 2003-2008), Drive-By Truckers

Listen: Drive-By Truckers - Download Drive-By Truckers Music on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: Drive-By Truckers: Songs, Albums, Pictures, Bios

Listen: CD Baby | Search Results

Listen: Amazon.com: Fiddleworms: Songs, Albums, Pictures, Bios

Subscribe to Newsletter

Rick Carter Radio - All Alabama Music

Accepting submissions and adding them daily. Artists can send their songs in MP3's to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. One song per email. Graphics and song and artist info should be included of course.

This space
for rent!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.