George Mayweather

Born: Sept. 27, 1928 Montgomery, AL

Blues Harmonica J.B. Hutto

Source: Alabama Music Hall of Fame

High and Lonesome, J.B HuttoLive At Shaboo Inn 1979, J.B HuttoSlidin' the Blues (Blues Reference), J.B HuttoProduct Details

Listen: J.B Hutto - Download J.B Hutto Music on iTunes

Listen: Amazon.com: JB Hutto & The Hawks: MP3 Downloads

Listen: Amazon.com: Whup It Whup It: George Mayweather: Music

Listen: Amazon.com: "Earring" George Mayweather: Music

From a interview with Watermelon Slim:

.....I've incorporated just about anybody and everybody into my harp style in 47 years of listening and playing, to records and to live performers, in clubs, in festivals and on the street. George Mayweather, James Cotton and Junior Wells figure high among my influences because those are the three - in that order - who I have heard most often live. Although technically I was always better than George, who drank a lot, George Mayweather was my mentor, the man who brought me to that place where I knew that my harp playing was truly my own. I have George singing and playing inside me......

Source: Watermelon Slim

Subscribe to Newsletter

Rick Carter Radio - All Alabama Music

Accepting submissions and adding them daily. Artists can send their songs in MP3's to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. One song per email. Graphics and song and artist info should be included of course.

This space
for rent!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.