Mabron "Wolf" McKinney

Born: Birmingham, AL

Blues, Rock Bass Hour Glass, Dwayne & Greg Allman

Source: Alabama Music Hall of Fame

[haur2.jpg]Orexis Of Death: HOURGLASS (Pre The Allman Brothers Band) – SOUTHBOUND – 1967-1969 (US) south rock

HOURGLASS (Pre The Allman Brothers Band) – SOUTHBOUND – 1967-1969 (US) south rock

Southbound is a compilation record by The Hour Glass, featuring outtakes from each of the group's two albums for Liberty Records, The Hour Glass (1967) and Power of Love (1968) as well as material recorded by Gregg Allman in 1968 and 1969 with session musicians in order to prevent Liberty Records from suing the group due to their disbanding.

Duane Allman (guitars, sitar, vocal)

Gregg Allman (vocal, organ, piano, guitar)

Mabron McKinney (bass, 1967)

Johnny Sandlin (drums, guitar, gong)

Paul Hornsby (piano, organ, guitar, vocal)

Pete Carr (bass, guitar, vocal 1967-68)

Source: Orexis Of Death: HOURGLASS (Pre The Allman Brothers Band) – SOUTHBOUND – 1967-1969 (US) south rock

Didn’t they have another bass player called “The Wolf”?

Yes. Mabron McKinney, and we called him The Wolf because of his beard. I did leave one thing out, Fred Styles our bass player dropped out of our band The Men-its and I am leaving lots of stuff out. Lots of things happened. When The Men-its came up here to rehearse before going out on the road, Fred left and went on to film school and we hired Mabron for the band. When we talked with Gregg later about joining forces, it was Paul, and me and Mabron joining with Gregg and Duane.

From a Johnny Sandlin Interview: Swampland:Johnny Sandlin

Listen: Amazon.com: Power Of Love: The Hourglass: MP3 Downloads

Subscribe to Newsletter

Rick Carter Radio - All Alabama Music

Accepting submissions and adding them daily. Artists can send their songs in MP3's to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. One song per email. Graphics and song and artist info should be included of course.

This space
for rent!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.