Donnie Mills

Gospel, Country Vocals, Guitar, Songwriter Gulf City Boys

Source: Alabama Music Hall of Fame

Photo of Donnie Mills

Dedicated... talented... unbelievable... smooth.....are just a few words that have been used to describe this Mobile, Alabama born and based Singer-Songwriter. The Mobile Press called Donnie, "One of Mobile's most accomplished songwriters" and he was voted 2nd place for Best Songwriter in Mobile by Laigiappe Mobile magazine.

Donnie Mills has played guitar and sang since the age of nine, and has allowed time to perfect his style of guitar playing and enrich his smooth vocals into what is heard now all around the U.S.. Listeners old and new are captivated by the way that Donnie takes a song and makes it his own with heartfelt delivery and with the sheer joy of being able to live his dreams through the music he plays. From Country Gospel, Country and Classic Rock & Roll cover tunes to his own original songs, Donnie feels every song that he sings and transmits those feelings to all that listen and that is what keeps people coming back for more of this modern day troubadour.

Having 12 national releases to his credit, placing 2nd the the Gulf Coast Idol competition, and being a two time winner and three time judge for the Hank Williams Songwriting Contest held in Georgianna AL (which he oversaw in 2005), Donnie is doing what Country Music Legend Larry Cordle (CMA Song of the Year with "Murder On Music Row", and "Mama Don"t Forget To Pray For Me"-recorded by Diamond Rio) told him that he was meant to be doing.

Donnie is the performance representative at Tribute Concerts for www.thelivinglegacy.net (endorsed Dan Fogelberg fan website), a regular at the Frank Brown International Songwriters Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama, The Lower Alabama Sonwriters Festival in Fairhope,AL the Flat Rock Music Festival in Flat Rock, North Carolina,the Alabama Pecan Festival in Tillmans Corner AL, the Mississippi Pecan Festival, as well as Bayfest, the Mobile Alabama Music Festival and the Pensacola Beach Songfest in FL. He has toured Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Illinois and Georgia as well as Tennessee and Kentucky singing at different functions and gatherings.

In 2001 Donnie signed with GodsChild Records in Nashville and cut his debut CD, "Love Makes A Way". Two songs off the CD broke the top 20 charts on Christian Country radio stations across the nation. Donnie has had 15 National releases on American Radio in the past few years.

Suffering a series of strokes in April 2009, Donnie has had to limit his personal appearances but continues to write and play, health permitting. Donnie credits his wife Bonnie, his children, friends, and music for saving his life and is dedicated to giving back to the music (the great healer).

With a 12 year background of singing across the United States, Donnie loves his life and welcomes the opportunity to share with all who will listen and especially those who feel that their best is behind them. Donnie is living proof that, as one of his songs states, DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

Book Donnie for your next party or social function! Email Donnie Mills here or call 251-776-2046.

"Hello my friends.. 2009, and the first part of 2010 were not good years for me. I suffered a stroke then a series on mini-strokes (TIA's) in April of '09 that left me bedbound and unable to play my guitar. I felt totally helpless but through the thoughts and prayers of my good friends, I am now able to play a few gigs here and there. The Doctors said I'd not be able to play again but once again MUSIC IS THE STRONGEST FORCE IN THE WORLD BESIDES LOVE! I'm still walking with a cane and am on disability, but I'll take the three hrs. The strokes were a blessing and a curse in that I was playing so much, I was getting tired of it, but when something that you love so very much is taken from you, you understand what is taken for granted. Well never again will that happen and I want to thank you all for your kind words, well wishes and prayers that got me back to where I am...doing what I was put on earth to do, just not as much. I especially want to thank my wife Bonnie for not giving up on me when I felt worthless and Deb and Laurie (my Captured Angels). Deb inspired me to never give up my dream and was there with a shoulder night and day with an encouraging word. People are put around you to draw strength from and I have some pretty strong friends! Come out when I get the chance to play and remember "MUSIC BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER". Love and appreciate you guys more than you will ever know."

LOVE YALL!!

Donnie

Source: Profile -- Donnie Mills

Donnie Mills | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Donnie Mills - Singer-Songwriter : Music Artist (Country / Acoustic / Folk) - MySpace Profile

Listen: CD Baby | Search Results

Subscribe to Newsletter

Rick Carter Radio - All Alabama Music

Accepting submissions and adding them daily. Artists can send their songs in MP3's to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. One song per email. Graphics and song and artist info should be included of course.

This space
for rent!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.